Sunday, June 6, 2010

Longer Introduction

Hi my name is Liam. Let me first say that I am not a good writer, like Lain, and I will most likely jump around a lot and have tons of grammar errors...hey I'm an accountant I know numbers.

I was born and raised in Youngstown, OH as Jenn. As a kid I was a major tomboy. As far back as I can remember I always wanted to do the things that the boys were doing. I had some really close female friends when I was young but I think that is because we didn't ever really do "girly" things. However, as I got older I wanted to hang with the guys. And I remember being extremely ticked off when the time finally came that I could no longer get away with running around the neighborhood shirtless. And the stress continued as I developed into a "women". Oh the torture of bras, skirts, girls locker rooms, the "monthly visitor", etc.

I hated school because I never knew who I was and never fit in anywhere. I wanted to dress like a guy, which eventually my mom gave up and let me do, I wanted to be a guy. But I wasn't and my guy friends didn't always want me around when they were being guys.

I had a couple of "boyfriends" during my school years, but none of those relationships passed a minor kiss or two. It was just to weird for me.

I started realizing my attraction to women sometime in late middle early high school years but just choose to ignore it and play the role I was suppose to play. I then went thru the steps of being a lesbian to being a butch lesbian.

My junior year I started dating my current wife. We grew up in the same church and have known each other our whole lives. We dated off and on for many years. And in June 2005 we had a commitment ceremony. It was as traditional as can be with her in a white dress and me in a tux. Wearing a tux was as awesome as I dreamed it would be!! I know Lain agrees to that, he was my best man.

We bought a house in Youngstown, OH and started settling into our lives. But in 208 Julie decided to go back to school for her PHD so we sold our house and moved to Pittsburgh. We are currently living in an apartment while Julie goes to school and I work. Its been a crazy adjustment but a blessing in disguise. I had started doing drag in Youngstown a few months before we moved and it was a wonderful stepping stone for me. I wasn't just dressing in guy clothes...I was being a guy! I met one King who was in the process of transitioning, my initial thought was "wait a minute we can do that". When we moved to Pittsburgh I started researching how to transition from female to male. Lucky for me there is a wonderful GLBT center here that helps you with the process. I started counseling shortly after that. And after months of counseling I was given the ok to start the transition which meant I was going to get my first shot.

I never thought that day would come and I was so nervous, on August 26, 2009 I received my first shot of Testosterone (T). As i felt it moving thru my muscle I knew in my heart that it felt right. I now receive a shot of T every 2 weeks.

A quick note of changes that I have experienced so far:
1.voice has dropped
2.hair has developed/darkened on legs, arms, happy trail, face and just starting to get a few noticeable chest hairs.
3. redistribution of body fat
4. muscle development
5. no menstrual cycle...yipee


I am very blessed in that most of mine and Julie's family and friends has been accepting of my transition.

And one last quick note for now. I mentioned that I have scheduled my top surgery with Dr. Garramone in Florida. Why him? After tons and tons of research I feel that he is one of the best surgeons available at this time. I would have liked to have it done closer to home but since this is a very important step for me I would not settle for just any Dr.

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions.

Liam

1 comment:

  1. This post was awesome, but the most exciting thing (for me) was you noticing your treasure trail darkening! As someone who appreciates men who don't shave everything off (?!), that is awesome. Bellies are sexier with hair! Woot!

    ReplyDelete